Friday, August 1, 2008

Faxless Payday Advances

This weekend is almost upon us, so it is time to talk about last weekend (huh?). Anyways, last weekend I went to my friend Wendy's lake house near Gun Barrel City (I love that name). It is about an hour and half drive. I rode up there with my friend's Sam and Nicole. I was a bunch of fun. It has been way too long since I have been out on a lake. Went riding around the boat several time. I also got to pilot a wave runner for the first time. Seriously, I shouldn't be allowed to drive one of those things. Not that I am too crazy and drive like a maniac. I just get lost too easily on the water. After like 5 minutes I didn't have any idea where I was.

Highlights:

I had Sandra Bullock's house pointed out to me about 25 times.

I was told we were going to play poker over the weekend, and we did. Starting at 1:30AM

I have a hard time sleeping when I am not in my bed. I went to bed after 4AM, and I started waking up around 7:30. I finally got up at 9:30 and read for an hour and half. I figured 11 was as far as I would let them sleep in, so that is when I left my room and started milling around. Plus it was hard to go to sleep at first, because when you cled you eyes it felt like the rocking of the boat on the water.

I was impressed I had my own room

It was a little tense because her ex-boyfriend (also a friend of mine) was also staying on the same lake. We did go and see him for a bit. Out of all of the lakes in all of Texas...

I met one guy who only had one long. I liked him, and he had a good sense of humor about it. He goes by "Uno."

I was surprised at how many people either didn't know how to swim, or were very weak swimmers.

I became very good at refueling the wave runner.

Paddle boats are more trouble than they are worth. Very tiring.

Late Sunday morning or right around Noon, Wendy's family came over. A lot of her brothers and sisters and their kids. When they first started coming through the door I didn't think they would stop. I swear by the time we left there was 30-40 people in her family there. I didn't really plan on eating any of their grilled good, but then I caught a whiff the hot dogs on the grill. I walked over there and one...and then I had another one. The major problem there was the heat. Above a hundred during the day and no breeze to speak of. That just beats you down. We left mid-afternoon and stopped by Dairy Queen to get a blizzard on the way back, which was a perfect topper after being out in that heat. It was a ton of fun, and I would definitely go back again.

1 comment:

  1. How can anyone not know how to swim. Especially in Texas. if it was that warm up here, I'd be swimming every couple of days.

    Everytime you closed your eyes, the room swam.....ahhh been there. And will be there again soon.

    Wave Runners are the best invention ever. penicillin is second...wave runners beat them by a mile.

    ReplyDelete