Friday, December 14, 2007

You Probably Think This Post Is About You


Most, if not everybody suffers from vanity in one form or another. I used to work with a guy who would borrow money from me to buy diapers for his baby, but he wore a couple thousand dollars in gold chains and rings.

I also have a friend who for a while seemed like he could rub to nickels together, but was driving a new car every couple of years.

I am not immune myself. I wear a baseball cap most of the time. Usually, because I am too lazy to fix it. Sometimes though. Sometimes it is because I have tried my hair in a couple of different styles. I didn't like how it looked. Got pissed, and just threw a hat on.

That is nothing compared to one lady I know. Now I have known her for quite a few years, and in the entire time and I have never seen her walk by a mirror with out at least pausing to check herself out. It was one of those things I had seen in a TV show, but I never imagined people like that really existed. They are out there though.

Sometimes she will stop to fiddle with her hair. Sometimes she will actually stand there and pose. It doesn't bother me at all. I find it pretty funny myself.

Yes, I am wearing a hat today.

No comments:

Post a Comment