Saturday, December 8, 2007

Dream a little dream

Now I am not one who often remembers his dreams, but I had one this morning that has stuck with me. It went like this:

I was in the house that I was raised in. In the house I was being chased by a wasp. Not a giant wasp. Not like a hundred wasps. Just one single, solitary wasp. And it had me freaked out. I was running all over the house trying to get away, but it just kept chasing me. I never felt comfortable in the dream to squash it. Now the funny (funny-strange) part is that the entire time "Suffragette City" by David Bowie is playing the entire time. It was like a chase scene in a movie, and that was the theme song.

Finally, I am on the ground, and I have a couple of books in my hand. I am waving them frantically at the wasp using the wind I create to keep it at bay, but I can never get rid of it. The persistent bastard. I quit waving the books and the wasp proceeds to land on my fingers. I slowly turn my hand up side down and squash the bugger. That is when I wake up. When I do, that damn song is still playing in my head, and has been all day now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm always jealous of people who remember their dreams. I never remeber any, which my wife says is a sign of insanity. Who's to dsay?

    ReplyDelete