Thursday, February 12, 2009

Just saying, "Hello"

Last week I called a friend/ex-coworker who I have not talked to in pretty much exactly one year.

I give him a call on his cell phone number, and "This is Todd blah blah of the IRS."
Me,"Uh, what?"
"This is the Internal Revenue Service"
"Uh, well then I definitely have the wrong number." Click.

I finally track my friend down at his current job (thank goodness I remember where he works), and we agree to meet Saturday. He says he will call me between 8 and 8:30AM to firm up a time. Saturday morning passes, and nothing. Never calls, I finally give him a ring that afternoon, and still no answer, but I leave a message. Sunday, still nothing, and I leave another message. Monday morning still nothing. I was actually getting kind of worried, 2 1/2 days and now word. He finally called me Monday afternoon, "Oh sorry I was out of town." That was it.

No comments:

Post a Comment