Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I see fun in your future.

At the beginning of each and every sport season everyone makes their predictions. Everyone makes them, but no one follows up on them. And no one calls people out the predictions. SI.com NBA writers made their predictions, and I am going to cherry pick some of them to mock them later when they fail, and hey, if they are right. I will be the first to congratulate them. I do want to see some picks that out these guys out on a limb. Here is the link

1. Who will win the NBA finals?

Most of these are pretty boring. Mavs, Spurs, or Celtics everywhere. The only interesting one is Steve Aschburner picking the Suns and Cavaliers in the finals. And there are some people saying the Cavs may not even be in the playoffs this year.

2. Who will be the regular-season MVP?

A bunch of Lebron picks. (yawn) Chris Mannix picks Duncan, and 2 guys take Kevin Garnett. No one really taking a chance

3. What team will be the biggest surprise?

The Bulls? Some have them in the finals. I do like Paul Forrester's taking the Hawks, of course they have been bad for so long I think .500 would be a surprise. Iam Thomsen picked the Knicks, ok, whatever.

4. What team will be the biggest disappointment this?

Skip this. These are all kind of boring

5. What player will break out and become a star?

Mannix picked Bostjan Nachbar, and I will be honest, I have never heard of him. So if he breaks out and becomes a "star" way to go dude. Plus, picking him because he led his team in scoring during the preseason is a bold move. I like Mannix's moxie.

6. Which coach opens on the hottest seat?

Another boring one. Most guys picked the coach of the Hawks. Fine.

7. Who will be the best rookie

Almost a landslide for Kevin Durant. What a shocker. Only Marty Burns has the temerity to pick Luis Scola of the Houston Rockets. I love this pick. Honestly, I would have picked Durant too. I watched most of his games in college and he was awesome.

8. What will be the season's biggest controversy?

For some reason the one that interested me the most was if the NBA can be viable in New Orleans. The All-Star game will be there this year, and Mannix points out that the Hornets left Oklahoma City and all of that money, to go back to New Orleans. A city who didn't support them in the first place. Not really a prediciton, but interesting.

The last two questions are if Kobe will be traded, and if not who will be the biggest name traded. The all pick Jermaine O'Neal.

Hopefully I will remember to come back and check these predictions out.



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Post a Comment