Thursday, January 14, 2010

A very special offer

I am just about done going inside my bank to get anything done. I do 90% of mine banking on-line, and the only time I go in a branch is when I have a paper check to deposit. Now whenever I go inside someone is trying to give me the hard sell to open a new account, take out a loan, or spend some kind of money there.

Like earlier this week I was in there, and some guy working there told me that I and a select few customers have chosen to earn 1.5% on any new saving account we open up with a minimum of $25,000. All I could think was, "Yeah select few, the select few who are stupid enough to walk inside." I told him that no I couldn't really that right now. I wanted to add that he sees what my deposits are each week, and why would he think I have an extra twenty-five grand laying around.

So, yeah, if they don't ease off I may try the ATM deposits.

No comments:

Post a Comment