Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Is it possible?

Is it possible to fall in love with a food? I just may have. About a month ago one a whim I bought a jar of jalapeno stuffed olives by Mezzetta. Oh. My. Goodness. These are just so awesome, I think I peed myself a little. They do have some heat to them obviously, but you get that balanced with the brininess of the pickling with olive. Hot? Yes. Too hot? Maybe for some, but not for me. When I make a salad these days, I put three olives only on it. Two reasons why, I don't want to burn myself out on them, and they are like 6 bucks a jar at the grocery store. Yikes. If you like spicy food, highly recommended.

Another note, on the car I got. The service engine soon light came on, and I took it to get fixed. The friend I bought it from offered to split the bill with me. "I never would have sold it to you if I had known there was a problem." I've known the guy almost 20 years, so I trust him. Imagine my dismay though when two days later the light comes on again. I wasn't really mad, just frustrated. My friend was mad though.

I took it back to the shop, AND the mechanic actually admitted he made a mistake. There was a small hose he didn't secure properly when he fixed it, and it got a hole. He fixed it up for free, and I should be good to go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment