Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Reunion

This past weekend was my family reunion and for the first time in 20 years I didn’t go. When I was first contemplating this post I was going to say, “It isn’t that I don’t want to go…” But that was exactly the reason I didn’t go. There was nothing at all keeping me in town that weekend. I think one of the reasons I didn’t go was…I haven’t missed one in 20 years. I really enjoy visiting my family, but I want to do something else this year, and go to another part of the country.

Another reason I didn’t go is that most my cousins who are my age hardly ever go any more, and it makes it kind of boring for me honestly. They are the family I grew up with, and they are the ones I really want to see.

Also, I went to the really big one last year. That was a huge 2 ½ day affair, and this year just wouldn’t measure up to that. I do have some regret about not going. There is always people I would like to see, but I don’t feel as bad as I thought I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment