Tuesday, June 5, 2007

8 Things You May Not Know About Me

My friend Rob was tagged for a meme a while back to post 8 things you may not know about him, and he tagged me to follow him. I have been putting it off, because the challenge to me was not to think of 8 things, but to make them mildly interesting. I think I finally got a handle on what I
wanted to say. So, here we go, 8 things you may now know about me.

1. I am a very competitive person, but I think I hide it pretty well. There is almost no game I will back down from if I am challenged. Although knowing how I am, and how I will react internally (sometimes externally) I try not get myself into trouble. No one is harder on me, than me when I lose at a game.

2. I will almost never discuss politics with people. I have my opinions, and I respect everyone else's, but I learned a long time ago that you will NEVER change any one's mind. I used to listen to a lot of talk radio, and not once did I hear someone say, "Good points. You've convinced me, I have changed my stance." No one wants to back down.

3. I don't get when people talk about movies that changed their life. The 2 closest movies that I would rate that high for me would be Reservoir Dogs. When I saw this movie, I told all my friends about it, and got them to watch it. I watched this move at least once a week for 2 months. The other movie would be Clerks. The first day I watched it, I saw it three times in one day. Really restored my faith that independent movies could be great.

4. I would be almost perfectly content to eat the all of my meals out of bowls. Cereal, Soups, Stews, Ice Cream, Salads. I don't, but I could.

5. There are 2 things people told me when I was growing up, that if I didn't do them I would regret for the rest of my life. Senior Prom and finishing college. I didn't do either one, and I couldn't care less. No regrets whatsoever.

6. I am a hypocrite. I hate it when someone I don't know calls me "Man". Drives me up the wall. I do it to guys I don't know all of the time that is why I am a hypocrite. What is weird, if someone I don't know calls me "Dude", that doesn't bother me.

7. If I could have done anything in the world of arts, I would have been a drummer in a punk rock band. Don't ask me why.

8. I hate potato salad. I know, I know. I haven't tried yours, but I have tried enough that I have probably had a pretty close facsimile of yours. Cold potatoes, mayo, and onions? I'll pass. And yes I have had mustard , German, and dill as well. I don't like any of them.

So there ya go. That is 8.

1 comment:

  1. What about potato salad out of a bowl?

    There's precious little potato salad I like, too -- but I can't get enough of my Mom's.

    And I just realized that I can't call one of my male ferrets "dude" when I'm talking to him... because the other male ferret is named "The Dude." I dont' know why it took me til last night to catch on to that. I usually call him "pal."

    Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete