Saturday is were things took a turn for the worst. Here a group of six of us went to the French restaurant Bonnie Ruth's. Now I don't mind if there is long dinner that grows organically from conversation and what not. This was not one of those times. This was three hours just wasted. A little rest give from time to time for waitstaff is to order an ice tea w/o lemon, and see how well they pay attention.. This time it came with the lemon, a little warning.
- I never, ever got any water
- Well over an hour to get our appetizer
- Over an hour for my brother's girlfriend to get her glass of wine
- A friend dropped his fork before we got our entrees. We got tired of waiting for the waiter to bring a new one once the meal did arrive we got our own.
- They ran out of creme brulee. Which they were going to give one free to my brother, nothing offered to replace it.
- We were offered free champagne cocktails for our trouble. We never got them.
- THIS JUST IN: The bastards double charged my card. I just found this out like 5 minutes ago.
Monday was the last night I would see my brother before he went back to California. It was a nother family dinner at Babes Chicken House. I had never been before, but had heard rave reviews of it. Those were well deserved. You don't get a menu really. The waitress gives you a list of the 6 or 7 entrees they have available. You order your entree, and then every side dish they have is brought to your table family style and is all-you-can eat. I had the (very well reviewed) fried chicken, and I gotta say it was the best restaurant fried chicken I have ever had. Once you are done you can take your leftover entree home, but you can't take any of the sides. I still got away with the leftover biscuits.
Well, it was good to see my brother, I hope I can visit him again soon. It has been to long since I have been to San Fran.