Thursday, May 21, 2009

Reunions

Part 1, or why I love the internet: In the past year or so I have been reunited with about 4 friends of mine through the internet. 3 of them used to be in my regular role-playing group, and another was a guy I used to work with. It has been really cool chatting with these guys again.

At least two of them have found me over at Captain Comics, which is the message board where I use my real full name. The original reason I used my real name there I have always said, was because if I lambasted someone's work, I at least wanted to have the balls to use my real name, and not hid behind an alias. The secondary effect is that it has allowed friends of mine to find me online. So cheers to "teh internetz"

Part 2: Two Saturdays ago, one of my good friends, also my old roommate had his wedding reception (about 5 months after he eloped). This were I got to see two of the guys from above show up, and a few other friends of mine. Some of these guys I haven't seen in 10 or more years. Most of them it had been 3 years or more since I had seen them. It was fun just to socialize with all of them again, no matter how briefly it was.

Some didn't look like they had changed at all, others had changed...a lot. A real nice evening.

1 comment:

  1. That's why I decided to use my real name there -- and on my blog and pretty much on all message boards, too. Making sure I stand behind my opinions helps me make sure my opinions are worth standing behind.

    ReplyDelete