Thursday, April 19, 2007

Under New Management

I went to my favorite fast-food restaurant today for the first time in a LONG while. Gourmet China in Dallas, Greenville and Forest Lane. It is just too far away from where I live now. I just happened to be in the area today. I was quite dismayed to see that it was being run by new management. I figured since I was there I would get something to eat.
Big Mistake.
When I got back to work, I found that they had forgotten my egg roll. That wouldn't have been a big deal, except not one time in the previous 12 years of the old owners did they once forget anything. And I ate there I lot more regularly then.
The food tasted similar, like they were using the same recipes, but there was just something off about the food. One thing that was noticeable, was that it was significantly greasier than it had been before. It was the first time that plain fried rice really tasted oily to me.

I really don't know if I will be going back....

No comments:

Post a Comment