Friday, January 4, 2008

Good Eats

One of my problems with the great city of Frisco is that there is a dearth of decent restaurants here. Well, not only have I found a good restaurant, it is a seafood restaurant. Which is a true rarity in the landlocked DFW area.

It is the great Bay Grill.

I have been there a couple of times now, and it has been pretty awesome both times.
I've seen Manhattan Clam Chowder get a lot of bad pub over the years. I had a cup of it from Bay Grill, and I found it to be pretty tasty. Plus with all of the creams and heavy sauces in everything else, it was nice clean tomatoey taste. Also a nice change of pace from all of the New England Clam Chowder I have had.

The calamari was also excellent, nice soft rings with an excellent sauce.

As for the entrées, I can't recommend the trout almondine enough. Trout is a fish that seems to get dry pretty easily if not cooked right, and this is cooked perfectly. It has a lemon butter sauce on it, but it isn't smothered in it, so it keeps its fresh taste. You get a choice of a side with your entrée, and I've gone with creamed spinach there. This is probably the BEST creamed spinach that I have ever had. It is a great, gooey glob of spinach and cheese. I could almost make a meal out of that. You also get a small bowl of corn relish, but that I didn't like. Just not me I guess.

I have not tried any of the desserts either, but some of my friends have, and they say those are delicious as well.

Paired with an attentive and personable waitstaff, if you find yourself in Frisco, TX you could do much, much worse that Bay Grill

1 comment:

  1. Well, I guess I am spoiled living up here in New York because we have restaurants from Albanian to Yemen (though I probably wouldn't want to eat Yemenese cuisine). But if you find a restaurant you like, go often, get in good with the waitstaff and enjoy.

    As for the Rangers, I was wondering why the White Sox were so lackadaisical about getting rid of McCarthy. So when that trade happened, I kinda feared that the Rangers were getting the short end of that trade. Let's hope he can straighten out and give you guys some quality innings.

    ReplyDelete