1. The obvious: if you could have any one superpower, what would it be?
Now this is something I have actually thought about quite a bit. You know the most obvious one is flight, and while quite cool, I’ll pass. Super-strength? Another good one, but scratch that one as well. Invisibility, this one almost passes the muster. It really appeals to my voyeuristic tendencies, but not his one either. The reason I passed on these is because they call all be simulated to a certain degree.
Flight – planes, trampolines, hang gliders, etc.
Super-strength – Do you know how strong you feel when you
are moving 2000 lbs of rice even if it is with the aid of a pallet jack? You
feel pretty damn good.
That is why the power I chose is: invulnerability. Sure if a plane is going down, with flight you can jump out and fly to safety. But that will be little help in a car crash. With invulnerability I would be able to walk away from both. It would be a pretty cool party trick having people whack you over the head with baseball bats or whatever. With flight you would get pretty tired of giving people ride. Invisibility is pretty much a one-trick pony at parties. Plus, with invulnerability it would seem you could parlay that into a bunch of different jobs.
2a. You must watch some reality show for two hours every day. Which do you choose?
Now this I could do. If I am flipping through the channels and see Top Chef on, I will drop in. Or Hell’s Kitchen because Gordon (Ramsey?) is just SO over the top he is hilarious. I enjoy cooking so these actually entertain me.
2b. Okay. But suppose you don't have a choice. The show is chosen for you. Which show would you most dread being forced to watch?
I Love New York. Look it up.
3. Muppet Babies -- cute or creepy?
Growing up, kind of cute. Now….creepy
4. What comic do you really enjoy but are sort of embarrassed about or at least cannot defend liking so much?
5. Is there something -- comic, movie, book, TV show -- that you loved
as a kid but have looked at now and wondered WTF was I thinking?
In this case a picture will truly speak a thousand words:
SMURFS. Even when they were popular I think I was outside of the demographic they were trying to appeal to. I really loved them. And I didn’t just watch the cartoons. I had little figures. I read the books. I think you get the idea. Plus I stuck with them even after the popularity had faded I’m talking into…junior high school.
So there ya go. More crap about me. And again:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions. (They probably won't be the same ones you see above!)
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
Don’t worry if you don’t know anything about comics – I won’t assume you’re a comic reader – or a superhero comic reader – when I pick my questions. (If you are, though – fair game!)
Powered by ScribeFire.